Although the instructions for this post were quite detailed and thorough, utilizing Google Reader was still frustrating. The idea behind the application is well thought out and could be useful, but sometimes it is hard to find the icon to be able to access it as well as find the icon on other sites to be able to subscribe to it. Some of the blogs I follow have automatically put in on my Google Reader, while others I could not find a way to access the icon and subscribe to the blog of my classmates in addition to following them.
Putting the time to update and keep up with the application, it is a great way to keep up to date with different blogs in addition to accessing one's email. On the other hand, I believe following these different people, companies, etc. via twitter is much more relevant to me as I access that site more often and be more updated, especially in the professional aspect. As for personal use, it is easy to find the sites I have joined and people I have followed once I log on to email, and I have the option to catch up whenever I feel like. In short, Google Reader is a good idea, but something I find unnecessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment