Saturday, February 25, 2012
Thing Three
For my first mashup, I thought it was rather fun! It gave me the freedom to be creative and show my trip to Australia in a way I could not have done if I merely just wrote about it or posted a picture. Having the ability to freely move pictures and videos and posting text wherever my little heart desired was very pleasing and I would not mind making for of them for future assignments!
Compared to merely writing a story, mashups can put a visual to the story one is trying to tell and also, it is more attention grabbing as people are more inclined to notice visually appealing items than written. A picture is worth a thousand words right?
On the other hand, without some sort of text or story, some people can come up with their own story and totally misunderstand what the writer is actually trying to portray, ruining the point of the mash up in the first place.
Overall, althought mashups should be used in stories and/or instead of stories, it should be used, like most things, with caution and in moderation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment