As a full time college student, the Web is something I heavily rely on in my day to day life. From researching material for class to updating my Facebook, I am never too far from the internet. On my smartphone, I am constantly synced into my emails, Facebook account, and endless apps I have downloaded, making my phone an essential part in my everyday life. With the ease of having the Web on the go, it is so easy to always be connected and be updated on my friends and family's life as well as current events. Facebook and email notification, phone updates, and text messages are just a few of the things that keep my phone always buzzing. Thinking about it, it seems like I am very dependent on the Web and would be lost if the connection were severed.
That led me to think, what makes the Web so addictive? How did I come to depend on it so much? It is such an easy place to find people, information, and anything the mind thinks up; how does the Web manage to always have an answer to what I am thinking and what I am looking for? Such a vast domain, is there no limit to what the Web can accomplish?
No comments:
Post a Comment