Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thing 11

Visual Thesaurus

Word: Travel
My favorites: locomote, move around, go, change of location, jaunt, trip
click: locomote, led to only 3 words, then I clicked move, opening an abundance of words: make a motion, alter, strike, live, displace, impress, actuate, propel, change, very, etc.


If the website were more visually appealing (i.e. bright colors, cool fonts, etc.) it would be perfect.  I had fun plugging in words and seeing the words, a site I would consider using for future papers and letters, as I often hit the 'synonyms' button in Microsoft Word.  The ability to just click other words and another web of words appears, amazing!  Some words I would not have expected and probably would not be listed in a regualr thesarus.  So basically, I found a new buddy for when I am writing and am having trouble coming up with words!

No comments:

Post a Comment